Sheila-Na-Gig online — First Annual Full-
length Manuscript Contest
Sheila-Na-Gig online invites entries for our first annual full-length manuscript contest.
Please follow the guidelines below to be eligible for the contest:
- Submit a full-length poetry manuscript (60-100 pgs) via Submittable. Manuscripts will not be considered via email or snail mail.
- Poems may be previously published in journals or online. Please only include work from chapbooks if it makes up less than 1/2 of your full-length manuscript.
- Simultaneous submissions accepted. Please notify us immediately if your manuscript is accepted elsewhere.
Work will be judged on the merits of the manuscripts alone. Please help us judge the work in a “blind” forum by following these next guidelines carefully:
- DO NOT include a bio or formal cover letter.
- DO NOT include an acknowledgments page for previously published work. If your manuscript is selected for publication, you may send along this information later.
- DO NOT include your name ANYWHERE on your manuscript or in the Submittable title of your submission. Submissions that reveal authors’ identities will be disqualified.
- One manuscript will be selected for publication by Sheila-Na-Gig Editions. For a sample volume, see today will take your breath away by Marc Swan — $15.00 Amazon (Amazon). £10.75 Amazon UK (Amazon UK)
- $1,000 honorarium
- 25 copies of the published manuscript (and 40% discount on future orders)
- All participants will receive a copy of the winning volume upon publication
THE READING FEE: $25.00
THE DEADLINE: July 1, 2018
THE JUDGE: Hayley Mitchell Haugen, Founder & Editor, Sheila-Na-Gig online: https://sheilanagigblog.com/about/
PLEASE NOTE: Sheila-Na-Gig Editions reserves the right to not select a winning manuscript if none meet our standards for publication. We really want to publish manuscripts, however! Familiarize yourself with the works on Sheila-Na-Gig online to get a sense of our aesthetic. We publish well-crafted free verse poetry and especially seek poems with excellent imagery and a strong sense of voice. https://sheilanagigblog.com/
Submit up to five poems and your poet bio.
Also submit the guidelines for your journal and any online links.
Deadline: January 1, 2018 (submissions will not be read before the deadline).
Best wishes for all your creative endeavors!
Hayley & Jessica
Fall issue submission period:
June 1 — August 1
Winter issue submission period:
September 1 — November 1
Spring issue submission period:
December 1 — February 1
Summer issue submission period:
March 1 — May 1https://sheilanagigblog.com/contests/
Sheila-Na-Gig online publishes well-crafted free verse poetry. We especially seek poems with excellent imagery and a strong sense of voice.
Please submit 3-5 previously unpublished poems as one file (.doc, .docx) via the Submittable link. Include a brief bio in the cover note field.
Simultaneous submissions are accepted. If you need to withdraw submissions, please just add a note under the “activity” tab in Submittable.
Sheila-Na-Gig online publishes quarterly. Deadlines: August 1, November 1, February 1, and May 1 yearly. Each volume will contain up to 30 poets. Editors will select up to six poems yearly from each volume to nominate for the Pushcart Prize and The Best of the Net.
Sheila-Na-Gig online acquires First North American Serial Rights. All rights revert back to authors upon publication. If your work is later republished, please acknowledge Sheila-Na-Gig online in subsequent journals.